Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Countdown to #Thanksgivakkah: This year's Dreidle song comes with a twist


Ok, now its your turn to get creative. With thanks to many contributors on the Hava Nashira listserv (Hava Nashira is the awesome annual event for Jewish song leaders), the Dreidle song has a Thanksgivakkah twist this year. Here are some of my favorites from the verses that were submitted (along with attributions). Please add yours via the comments section. Best contribution will receive a prize! (you are also competing with those participating on the B'nai Shalom Facebook Page

Happy Thanksgivakkah everyone!

I have a little dreidel
I made it out of clay
And when it's dry and ready
It will be Thanksgiving Day. ( Morah Arlene Isserles)

Oh Dreidle, Turkey, Dreidle,
I’m *ready* for today,
Oh Dreidle, Turkey, Dreidle,
Let’s eat and then we’ll play! (Morah Wendy Zohar)

I had a little turkey 
And then I had some more 
And later someone found me 
A-sleepin' on the floor (Fred Ross-Perry)

I have a little dreidel 
I made it out of turkey 
But I left it in the sun too long 
And now it’s turkey jerky! (Judy Caplan Ginsburg)

Oh dreidle dreidle dreidle, 
Nun, gobble, shin, and heh, 
Oh dreidle dreidle dreidle, it’s the 
Best Thanksgiving Day! (Morah Wendy Zohar)

No comments:

Post a Comment